Friday, October 17, 2008

snippets

Here are a few tiny glimpses of what's around us.
I have to laugh whenever I see a sign like this. Many such signs are situated right outside quite a few of our chapels, as well as by the temple. Talk about labeling! Nah, I'm just joking. They have these signs around almost any chapel - not just the mormon ones. (It just took us a while to figure that out...) 
 
My mom and I labeled this as belonging to David Beckham. That is seriously a soccer ball up there!
 
The trees going down these streets are awesome. {Most of these pictures here are taken in downtown Papeete}
Is this tree not the COOLEST?! There are quite a few of these ginormo guys down by the warf. 
 
This picture was randomly taken of our house before we saw just how cool that sky looks behind there.
 
We were lucky enough to step outside yesterday and grab an awesome picture of this sweet rainbow. Aw it's so pretty!

3 comments:

Megan Conrad said...

Way sweet! You don't think you could get one of those signs for me, do ya? Lol :)

{Erica} said...

making me miss tahiti so much! I have a picture that looks exactly like the rainbow shot you got. Love it!

Dad Smith said...

Papeete looks really beautiful!! Maybe we'll get a chance to visit while you guys are still there???
We send our love,
Uncle George