Thursday, December 04, 2008

grammies anyone?

Okay, so the 2008/2009 Grammy Award nominations came out last night! Kinda exciting! And some slightly off the wall-ness. Here are my un-asked for opinions! (You know you're excited....)
 
RECORD OF THE YEAR:
Chasing Pavements - Adele
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
Paper Planes - M.I.A.
Please Read the Letter - Robert Plant and Allison Krauss 
 
Basically as long as "Viva La Vida" got a nomination I'm happy. I'm slightly surprised (yet not in the least disappointed) that "I Kissed a Girl" missed the cut. I'm also a little surprised that Rihanna's "Disturbia" or possibly "Take a Bow" didn't make it on either. She had a good year. But I was PLEASANTLY surprised that Adele got in a few nominations especially this one for Record of the Year baby! I love that song... :) And "Bleeding Love" has won the hearts of many, and it deserves a slot. As for Allison Krauss... dude she's freaking won TWENTY-ONE grammies! It's only tradition that they go to their favs.
  
ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay 
Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne
Year of the Gentleman - Ne-yo 
Raising Sand - Robert Plant and Allison Krauss 
In Rainbows - Radiohead
 
Good Choices. Not gonna lie I enjoyed Radiohead's album. And although I'm not so into Lil Wayne... I've heard a ton of buzz about his album- and he did get the most nominations las night with eight. So that's cool I guess. And Ne-yo's "Year of the Gentleman" is sweet R&B goodness. p.s. Applause for Coldplay again. Woot!
 
SONG OF THE YEAR (songwriters):
American Boy - Estelle and Kanye West 
Chasing Pavements - Adele 
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz 
Love Song - Sara Bareilles 
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
 
Sweet. Good choices. No complaints. Lovin' that Adele is gettin some buzz. And still lovin' that Katy Perry hasn't made it in here. Pretty cool that Sara Bareilles got in there too.
 
BEST NEW ARTIST: 
Adele 
Duffy 
Jonas Brothers 
Lady Antebellum 
Jazmine Sullivan  
 
Okay. THIS was surprising. Where the heck is Leona Lewis? You got her on for Record... yet you can't give her the best new artist? Weirdness of my life. And it was pretty surprising that Katy Perry didn't make it on here again. And PLEASE. The Jonas Brothers? They are not grammy material, give me a break.... Duffy I'll agree with as well as Adele (of course!)
 
Those are the important categories. I won't get into all one-hundred-and-ten... (That's a lot of awards! I wonder who, like, makes 'em!) Anyhoodle, it should be interesting! Who knows if anyone out there cares about the grammies anymore but... I think it's pretty sweetness. Happy Thursday everyone! (I guess now it's best to wish you a happy Friday... since it's Friday in most other places around the world. Oh well.)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Who needs itunes and Rolling Stone Magazine and music reviews on KISM Fm when I got my cousin Lauren! Keep reviewing the music and putting cool stuff on your playlist. I bought Bruises by Chairlift because of your blog! You should get royalties!!!