Wednesday, December 17, 2008

workspace

So right now I am burning a kabajillion CDs for the missionaries. It's the present from my parents - a CD full of pictures. And I sort of got semi-put-in-charge of all of the technical stuff. So that's what I've been doing all morning! And this is my multi-tasking workspace.
 
You will notice in this photo...
=>>Three piles of CDs meaning that I have only one-and-a-half more piles to go! (Ten in each, and we need about 45-ish.)
=>>My charging iPod. Uh, it just needed to be charged.
=>>My carry-with-me-everywhere notebook, with a list of things needed to get done. In green colored pencil. Because that's how I roll.
=>>About ten thousand annoying little wires connected to all of the little contraptions that make internet use possible. So annoying. But oh well.
=>>Le Livre de Mormon/The Book of Mormon. I know it's awful to be multitasking while reading scripture. But I'm a little behind and the goal is to finish by next week.
=>>My cup of ice. Anyone that has known me or spent a full day with me where there is a semi-large cup and an ice machine will know that I am constantly eating ice. Constantly. It's always there. Yup. Take the nugget-ice machines at Heber Valley Girl's camp for example. We used to CONSTANTLY make trips to that. Half of the time just for me. I'm just cool like that.
=>>You can somewhat see the open iTunes window. I was listening to The Postal Service. Because their electronic-ness rocks my socks.
 
What you CAN'T see...
=>>Me. Clearly. But I now have funny hair and I was wearing glasses and hadn't gotten ready at all yet. Not that that REALLY matters but I just didn't want to be in any pictures! So... too bad. Deal.
=>>The other plethora of windows open on the mac. Such as three or four word documents that I was updating with my randomness, Facebook and entertaining myself with these awesome little button things called flair (seriously: so addicting. So many wonderful things in one place! Bah!), my email, my blog (obviously), probably someone elses blog, and I think I was looking at USA Today or something exciting like that. [[yes, it is possible to do that many things at once. try me.]]
=>>My mom. In the kitchen. Cooking. A. Lot. And preparing things for tomorrow. Oh! Yes, what we're doing all of this for is the huge Christmas Zone Conference we have tomorrow that we brought all of the missionaries in for. In which case we have a couple sisters and a mission couple staying at our house. So we were preparing for that.
=>>My dad. (Not unusual, but still factual) He was picking up people at airports, running errands for the mish, at the mission office and other such things.
=>>The mess that I had just cleaned up. Yes!
=>>Prolly a ton of other things that I can't think of right now!
Oh, and p.s. this is officially my 50th post on this blog. How EXCITING! This is me saying YAY!

2 comments:

Parkside View said...

Hail to the Heber Valley Girls Camp ice machine!

Allison said...

yeah, you are just cool like that! Rock on Lauren ~ love your blog!