Tuesday, January 06, 2009

feelin' fine in two thousand and nine

Is it about time I posted? I'd say it's about time I posted. I don't know if I've even looked at my blog throughout all of December. I've just been too busy! Eating... and watching movies... and playing games! Yeah.
 
Well, in case you hadn't noticed 2008 left us, and 2009 is here. I thought I'd post some of my favorite things that came about in two thousand and eight.
 
Favorite Thing I Ate
Normally I could never pin point a specific meal that out-did every other meal that I ate in an entire year... but I happened to be hungry while typing and I was thinking about the delicious meal I had at my sister's where Rich cooked the most divine fajitas one could ever taste... :) My mouth is officially watering. And I don't know if I have eaten anything that can out-top that this past year.
 
Favorite Songs
Any guesses? Yup. Viva La Vida. Of course. It's amazing.
Disturbia - Rihanna. It's just... cool and excitified.
4 Minutes - Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland. WE'VE ONLY GOT FOUR MINUTES TO SAVE THE WORLD! This is the best when driving in the car. Lots of memories with this song :)  
Nine in the Afternoon - Panic at the Disco
Human - The Killers. Amazing new album. Love it :)
Forever - Chris Brown
Spiralling - Keane
 
Yeah, these are all really mainstream songs that everybody's heard of... and usually my thing is obscure indie songs. But I do both. :)
 
Favorite Music Artists I discovered: (well... more like enjoyed more this year.)
Chairlift
Lykke Li
Lenka
The Hush Sound
Panic Attract
Joshua Radin (thanks meg)
Imogen Heap
Copeland
Tristan Prettyman
Justin Nozuka
The Starting Line
Radiohead
Jason Mraz
Paramore
All Time Low
Oh yeah, and Coldplay. But they weren't a new discovery.
...and many more. :)
 
Favorite Movies I saw in Theaters
This is a toughie... and I'm sure I WOULD say Dark Knight if I had seen that in the theatre but since I haven't... I'd have to say Ironman and Dan in Real Life. Yes, definitely those two. 
 
Favorite Restaurant
Tucanos. Without a doubt. Mmmmm delicious.
 
Best Books I Read
This is hard, because I didn't do too much reading this year. (Something I'm hoping to be different in 2009...) but all in all I'd choose The Book of Mormon. (I finished on Christmas Day!! Wonderful experience.) And I'm almost finished with Little Women which I'm enjoying very much. My favorite short story I read was given to me as a Christmas present from our next door neighbor - The Stones. It's called The Lesson by Carol Lynn Pearson, and it's great. Check it out, it's wonderful. (The link takes you to the version on Google Books.)
 
Favorite TV Shows
Lost. I'm so depressed I can't watch the next season. Of course, The Office. And we really got into Monk this year - Tony Shalhoub is my hero.
 
Favorite Hobbies
Playing the piano, creating arrangements. I love taking piano at the Conservatory, I've learned so much! It's been a really, really neat experience. And my French teacher is awesome.
Finding new music.
Writing.
Watching movies.
Running, playing basketball. (I need to get into that again after ALL I ate over the holidays!!)
 
Some Milestones
I passed Physics.
I took the ACT
I joined the facebook world. 
Oh yeah, we moved to Tahiti.
I went to Prom (my one and only)
As of December I can function somewhat well in another language
I turned 17 years old
I've went to New Zealand (en route to Tahiti)
We found a happy home for our dog Allie
I got good at making cinnamon rolls.... mmmmmmm....
I colored my hair back to brown. Yikes.
 
I have many New Years Resolutions. But I think the one way to "sum" up what i want for this upcoming year is in one word: 
succeed
And I hope to do that to the best of my ability. Happy 2009 everybody!

2 comments:

Parkside View said...

I love Dan in Real Life and fajitas! What an incredible year! Can you belive it's already 2009? Much success to you in the coming year!

Brooke said...

Well, this post was definitely worth the wait. (And believe me, I have been waiting!)

I'd like to accept this honor on behalf of Rich for his fajitas. We haven't had them since you left, and I'm thinking maybe you'd better come back just for some more fajitas.

There are so many things I could comment on. Love seeing your music. And all your milestones. Could you watch Lost online?

I love your word for 2009. Love you!!