Monday, September 01, 2008

So... what the dif?

  • I now OWN a Precalculus text book. Sick, I know.
  • I am waking up earlier than my father. AND we're going to bed at the same time. This is definitely a night and day difference from the schedule I'm used to in Springville.
  • I have my first "ward-calling." I'm the co-pianist in Sacrament meeting. Woot!
  • My dad is eating treats now. It's my dad's birthday - and my mother and I couldn't believe that we were asking him what CAKE he wanted. Before this mission, I can't even remember the last time my dad ate something he considered "treatsish."
  • We now have a housekeeper. First thoughts: Why the heck are we going to have someone in our house?! We don't need anyone! Second thoughts: Okay... maybe she'll be helpful with dinners and things.. Third thoughts: Jk!!! Totally couldn't live without her!!! What was I thinking?! *smack forehead* Her name is Marguerite and she's a cutie. And boy does she know how to keep a clean house!
  • OCD thing #1. My current occupation: family accountant. My organizationness habitness makes me a good candidate for the management of the receiptness. I get to play with numbers and put things in a computer and other itty bitty things like that. It's actually fun. Uh, yeah. Why is it different? Because a) I haven't done it before and b) since when am I spending my time on the computer configuring the family business?
  • OCD thing #2. There is no such thing as normal lined paper! Everything is graph paper! Notebooks, notepads, you name it and it's re-tar-ded. My weird tendencies make me want to write in every single square~not a good thing.
  • My life: Tahiti=Groundhog Day+The Twilight Zone. (refer below)
  • September and Bill Murray. We've reached the two month mark. But it feels nothing like two months. It feels like two days, or two years. I don't know - time doesn't seem to have the same relevance here. Excluding Seminary, nothing really connects the days together. I'm happy to say that I'm not waking up to Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe" everyday, and while things do seem to repeat themselves - I still somehow figured out it was Labor Day today. But Phil Connors did have the right idea when it came to learning how to ice-sculpt and other neato things like that. February 2 may not be repeating itself, but the similar relationship of time can benefit me in a lot of ways. There may not be a way to learn how to ice sculpt, but there are other cool things besides ice sculpting. Right?
  • As for the Twilight Zone... Seriously, I think that Tahiti IS the Twilight Zone. What I used to call "blonde moments" I now call "Rod Serling moments." These happen regularly. Friday feels just the same as Wednesday. It's a strange feeling to have time mean nothing to you.

1 comment:

Parkside View said...

I am relived to say I have never owned a Precalculus book, and "blonde moments" aren't all that bad...I should know. I've had a few!

Miss ya!