Monday, August 18, 2008

Mai-Kell PhEHHHHHHHLPsuh!!!!

As the games in Beijing are becoming more and more exciting, I seem to be seeing less and less of what I want to. I have seen zero volleyball, zero basketball, zero soccer, and very little tennis or gymnastics... meanwhile we are at the edge of our seat in anticipation for who will take the gold in fencing, handball, judo or archery.

However I am very happy to say that I have seen every one of Phelps' gold medal races. (That is, of course, for the time that they switched in the middle to a Polynesian soap opera...) I seriously wish that I could describe to you the way that this French commentator says Michael Phelps' name. Complete with a quintessential French accent, (heavy on the throat-clearing/gurglingness) Phelps' name must be repeated a minimum of fifteen times during a swimming meet - regardless if Phelps is swimming. We get a kick out of it.

Oh, and to top things off, when was the last time you saw Charles Barkley kiss the other male commentator at the end of a broadcast? (On the cheek, silly. We're not in California.) That gave us a laugh, watching the two Frenchmen get emotional as they went off air. Yeah, it was pretty rough on us too.... :P

1 comment:

Megan Conrad said...

LOL. That's hilarious:) I still need to get you that link so you can watch the 1x400 relay from an American perspective. It was great! Love ya! Miss ya!