Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rules for Lycee Samuel Raapoto

1. No chewing gum A self explanatory rule, however this does not mean you are prohibited to "chew" gum, it means that you cannot have the product chewinggum in the premises. (That's what they call gum, chewing gum. Har har. I apologize that I cannot express this in a way as to appear witty or entertaining.) 2. No smoking I heard this rule and laughed. Before I noticed that outside of the school, there was smoking everywhere. So I stopped laughing. I was approached by two girls from my class (who spoke a little English) who proceeded to ask me: "Smoke cigarettes? Marijuana? You drink? Tattoo?" Let's just get all of the no no's out in one breath why don't we?! 3. No markers =Graffiti. Tons of graffiti in Papeete. My translator explained to me that that was why this rule is put in place. 4. No inappropriate clothing While looking around at my classmates, this one stumped me. They do not have the "Mormon modesty" system that we are accustomed to in Utah. Until you set a specific standard... people are just going to wear whatever they want. And they do. Or the lack thereof. These are the rules that I must abide by while in attendance at this school. It'll be a long and difficult road, but I think I can handle it. ;)

1 comment:

Megan Conrad said...

I have faith! If there's anyone who can overcome a long road of bad habits... It's you:)