Saturday, July 12, 2008

Coloring Books and the Ocean, Indescribable Sunsets

I just barely got home from the Iles Sous Le Vent, an outing to meet the missionaries on outer islands. We went to Raiatea, Tahaa, Huahini and Bora Bora during our stay, with a plane ride every day. I'm becoming a pro at flying lol. We had fun-filled days, spending much of our time with the missionaries. They are such a joy to be around, and I have enjoyed every second of getting to know them - even if I can't always understand them. One thing I discovered is that I have a love for the ocean. You know when you're a little kid, and the pictures that you draw of water are always blue? Only to discover that the water is kind of mucky and filled with green gross things and it's not quite what you imagined.... Well, in Tahiti - the water is blue. Pure blue. It is absolutely amazing. Our hotel in Raiatea was situated directly above the water, so you could accidentally take a swim by misplacing a foot. :) It was so delightful! In Huahini, I had the opportunity to witness a Polynesian Sunset on the beach. If there were words to write a paragraph, I would. But truth be told, nothing can describe the beauty of what I saw. All in all, it was such a fun break from... our other island. Yeah... :) Me on the boat to Tahaa Our hotel in Raiatea :) Sunset on Huahini Beautiful Tahiti. Can you tell where the reef ends? Sunrise... ...and sunset on Bora Bora Chillin' on the beach after a fun day

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Lauren, that sounds so awesome. Can't wait to see it for myself someday!!

chelz2crazy said...

Hey Lauren, just wonderin' what blog is Tahiti Sweetie?

Megan Conrad said...

Dude! You're going to make like a million dollars off of those pictures someday:) I'm so jealous! Can't wait for senior trip....hopefully:)