Friday, November 07, 2008

as of late

Things have been really, really busy in the mission lately. Here are few shots of what's been goin' down.
We got two new missionaries... entailing an orientation/luncheon thingie at our house with their new trainers.
A week of Zone Conferences... 
...Pizza?
We had a few Elders popping in for Zone Conferences who are currently serving in Rarotonga, Tubuai and Rurutu (other islands- most missions are city-hoppin. We're an island hoppin kind of group.) Anyway, the night that they stayed in Tahiti before they flew back we had them and the assistants over for pizza and ice cream. We haven't had the greatest luck with pizza here, nothing tastes like what we're used to. But this pizza was absolutely DIVINE. I can assure you we will eat it again.
This week has been really fun. (With still tons to do - my parents head for Cooks/New Zealand tomorrow!) I love any opportunity to spend time with the missionaries and get to know them better. Not to mention a chance to practice my language skills. And, of course, I love any occasion that includes good food ;) 

4 comments:

Parkside View said...

It was the Primary Program today. All the children learned the first verse of "Called to Serve." This post made me think of that since you've all been called to be serving where you are, and what an incredible experience you are having!

By the way, I noticed you changed your description on your profile. So you no longer run? Can't say that I blame you!

Tahiti Chick said...

lol quite the contrary. I'm just messing around with what makes sense and trying to find good short phrase is to describe me in a nutshell i guess... nope i'm still weird and i love running :D

{Erica} said...

please tell me you didn't order the pizza with a raw egg in the middle...SIIIICK!

Tahiti Chick said...

I'm VERY happy to report that raw eggs were not present. But I've seen it before and it is freaking disgusting......