Saturday, November 01, 2008

is it seriously november 1st?!

What I'm happy about:
1: I'm on a two week vacation from school/seminary.
 
2: I totally got a free Coldplay music video on iTunes yesterday. Sure I don't really care about music videos too much (unless it's something old school like Michael Jackson's Beat It or something with sweet dancing like Chris Brown's With You) and sure I already OWN the song... but it was free and it's three minutes featuring Chris Martin. I ain't complaining.
 
3: New Pixar Movies=>> I'm way excited for this one!
 
4: Sneak peek at LOST!
5: I had the opportunity to speak English to people other than parents or missionaries! Our next door neighbors, the Stones, had visitors from Colorado. I helped translate for them a little and I talked their ears off in my native language ;) {hopefully I'll get some pics and more info on another post later}
 
6: Keane. Oh how I love this album.
 
What I'm NOT happy about:
1: I miss autumn leaves and fall colors. 
2: I totally missed out on a FRIDAY NIGHT Halloween. 
3: Actually.. I just kind of missed out on a Halloween!
 
My October 31 was anything but normal. 
It was one of my first Halloweens with agreeable weather. (Although apparently Utah didn't have half bad weather this year either - yet another thing I missed out on.) 
There were no trick-or-treaters in sight. 
And Kosy 106.5 wasn't even there to start playing Christmas music before November had even begun. {I didn't miss that part so much...}
How to spend Halloween in Tahiti:
{based off experiences from people such as myself and my mother}
*buy a pack of snickers and eat them.
*get some shopping errands done, because it is All Saints Day on November 1. most grocery stores are closed.
*cook sugary goodness. we made chocolatey chocolate cookies and peanut butter pie. mmmm
*listen to wicked while cooking. that's.. kind of halloween-y right? 
*drink orangina.
*watch a movie. we watched {this} and {this} (too bad our movie rental place only offers so much... I wanted to watch Hocus Pocus)
*relax. you're on a holiday. sleep in a little. read a good book. 
*play... basketball? nah I'm just teasin. that one was just for me. I happened to have a basketball practice yesterday, so that was part of my halloween. I loved myself so much while i ran off all the junk I ate. That wasn't unpleasant in the LEAST... 
*reminisce about past halloweens in freezing Minnesota weather with winter coats underneath costumes. {yes that's me and best buddies stacie and nellie}{thanx stacie for uploading that on facebook}
 
When I said that I missed out on a Halloween, I didn't really miss out. Halloween didn't go away. I just had to go lookin' a while before I realized that we had to do something ourselves. I guess this is only preparing me for the more 'dear-to-my-heart' holidays that I will have to "give a makeover" and make them something special. Different and memorable.

5 comments:

Parkside View said...

I love "The Sixth Sense" and it has been forever since I saw it. Don't feel too bad about missing a Utah Halloween. None of us could say we got a peek at the ocean on Halloween. (I'm guessing you get to see the ocean on a regular basis. If not, I probably just made you feel more bummed.)

And I totally agree about Kosy 106.5 playing Christmas music already. Sheesh!

Megan Conrad said...

Things that shouldn't make you feel bad about missing Utah/Friday Halloween...
1- I wasn't there...what would you have been doing anyway.. JK:)
2- My Halloween was 80 degrees too
3- If you were here, you probably would have been in close enough proximity to get sick from me...
4- In which case you weren't being a lameface stuck on your couch at home.. you might have been cooped up on the stinky hot bus with me...
5- You would have had to watch Springville lose
6- The only scary thing about Halloween was my voice... actually my lack of a voice... I sound like a man...
7- Now you don't have to run off as much chocolate as us obese Americans
Things maybe you should miss....
1- Disturbia's the only Halloween-ish song they can think of so they play it all of the time... and I'm not even sick of it yet
2- Having so much candy you feel obese
3- Seeing all of the little kids (yeah, I actually missed that one too.)
4- Watching SNL on the stinky, smelly bus with us.
Yeah, I missed you, and thought a lot about you on Halloween. Loves!

Megan Conrad said...

Since when did this new- pixarness happen? I swear, you know more about American-ness than I do right now. Depressing for freakishly busy lives!

{Erica} said...

I just finished up an orangina :)

Didn't even know about that new pixar movie...sweetness!

love the classic halloween pic!


p.s. did you know amber's husband is the brother to one of my very best friends. She came to tahiti with her husband and stayed at the mission home...small world.

Tahiti Chick said...

dude! yeah, amber did mention once some sort of tahitian connection when i told her..... seriously such a small world ;)