Thursday, November 27, 2008

so i'm generic. what're you gonna do about it.

Today is Thanksgiving.
 
(Actually, where I'm at it's just a happy Thursday. I still had to wake up at five for seminary. Go figure, I think that Tahitians would LOVE any chance for a big feast and more vacation time.)
 
And the main reason I'm in here blogging is because we just finished cooking and all of that delicious smell-goodness is just too tempting. So this is merely a distraction so I don't have to keep telling my mom that nothing in the kitchen is worthy for serving so I had better just eat it all....
 
But I just wanted to quickly post a few things that I am grateful for. 
 
1: Air Conditioning. 
 
2: www. I honestly don't know what we would do without the internet. Whether it's converting ounces to grams or emailing relatives I am so grateful for it. It's been such a tremendous blessing to keep in easy contact with family and friends.
 
3: LDS Missionaries. Those in our mission as well as those everywhere.
 
4: Our house keeper, Marguerite. We feel so blessed to have been guided to choose someone with such capability and willingness. She has turned into such an asset, and is such a sweet spirit.
 
5: That we were able to find a turkey for Thanksgiving.
 
6: Music. It brings such joy to life.
 
7: (obviously these are not in order...) My Family. Yes, that's a broad term, but I mean it in the broadest term possible, yet I think of each individual as I type this. (Does that make sense?!) I'm especially grateful for my dad. He is such a strong person and is always working so hard for what he was called to do. Most of the time I can't see how he does it - I swear he's moving at hyper speed he's constantly on the go getting things done. I'm grateful for my mom (aka my missionary companion) She's been such a friend to me as we embark on this journey together, every step of the way. I'm grateful for my siblings, Brooke and Adam, and brother-in-law Rich for seriously being the coolest older sibs ever. (And I'm so grateful for Brooke's adorable children who I miss so stinking much.) I'm grateful for my grandmother, and all of my aunts, uncles and cousins for their prayers, emails and support that they continually give us. And this family business extends to the not-quite-so-related family of the Conrads... cuz I love you guyz and you're practically family:)
 
Obviously I could list more, but today I'll list just a few. Happy Thanksgiving everybody :) Don't go too crazy on Black Friday.
 
p.s. The reason this is being posted at the end of the day rather than when I first typed it is because I was suddenly busy setting the table and cooking some more for our delicious Thanksgiving feast. More tomorrow. Or sometime anyway.

3 comments:

Megan Conrad said...

So, I am so freakin honored that I made the family list.. Tear tear... no I'm okay :)

moo said...

Hey, this is Adam Welsh! one of the Welsh boys from 2002-2005. My sister showed me your blog, I saw some pics of some missionaries I knew from the MTC, Elder kusseling, elder noumbolibola (sp?)Elder Faessler, and many many others. they have all finished by now, but you may know them. I am on face book, so we should keep in touch!
Fa'a ito'ito

Brooke said...

We missed you all day. I'm grateful for YOU!